Campus Card Innovations for a Thriving Student Experience
The campus ID card has served as the epicenter of activity at colleges and universities for decades. Though the technology behind it has changed through the years, the purpose remains the same: Provide access to campus services and amenities. Convenience and access translate to experience, and creating a great student experience is essential for schools to remain competitive.
What defines a great student experience?
For Generation Z, experience is tied to innovation, convenience, and security. To meet the demands of tech-savvy students, colleges and universities need to modernize their campus card programs. This means offering multiple secure credential options combining traditional ID cards, biometric solutions, and mobile applications.
Last fall, Porter Research conducted a study with college-aged students, parents of students, and campus leaders to take an in-depth look at campus card programs as they are today and where they need to grow for the future. Among the findings, we discovered:
- Seventy-six percent of students use their ID cards frequently.
- The top three uses for ID cards were to open doors, use meal plan dollars, and purchase food at campus dining locations.
- Technology that students want to see implemented on campus includes contactless cards, mobile applications, and biometric credentials.
As colleges and universities look to the future, they must adapt and innovate to create engaging student experiences. Embracing technology and deploying it for both on- and off-campus services is the first step to building a resilient program.
Create a thriving student experience.
Download the Porter Research whitepaper.
- Room Service Makes a Difference
- Unlocking the Power of Your Data
- Go Beyond Plastic – The Next Generation of Mobile Credentials
- CBORD Announces Mobile Credential Support for Student ID Cards in Apple Wallet
- Ready, Set, Benchmark
- Campus Card Innovations for a Thriving Student Experience
- Healthcare Connect San Diego
- Congratulations to the 2019 Excellence Awards Winners
- Advancements in Healthcare Foodservice
- Hospitals are Cashing in on Cashless