University dining programs are shifting operations to meet the needs of students left on or near campus.
- Feeding Students Part 1: A look at how universities are shifting food production and processes from eat-in to delivery and takeout.
- Feeding Students Part 2: Do you have students struggling with food insecurity. See how partnering with Swipe Out Hunger for meal donation programs can help.
Look for additional upcoming live webinars.
Emergency Planning for Customers
Our support and training teams are creating a library of free tutorials to help CBORD healthcare and higher ed customers maximize their software solutions. We currently have videos on FoodserviceSuite and Fusion. To view content, visit our eLearning website and click on the Emergency Planning library under Resources. A CBORD Support login is required to access this content.
Free Mobile Ordering for GET CBORD Student Customers
As part of our response to COVID-19, we're extending two offers for customers who currently license part of the GET CBORD Student platform. We're offering GET Food for free until July 31, 2020, and are working with Grubhub to provide mobile ordering and delivery to 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Click here to learn more.
We've received guidance from several of our partners on how to clean and sanitize printers, point of sale hardware, and other equipment to ensure a safe return to campus. It is recommended that you use a 70% alcohol solution on a clean rag. Start with the screen, then casework, and work your way down to the stand. We've been cautioned against using any solution over 70% alcohol, any solution with bleach, or ammonia, as these could etch the touchscreen or discolor the casework.
Links to guidance from our partners include:
- Appetize: Cleaning methods for Elo touchscreens
- Apple: How to clean your Apple products
- Entrust Datacard: Guidelines for disinfecting hardware
- Epic/Aero: How to clean Verifone devices
- Ingenico: Cleaning instructions for payment terminals
News & Useful Links
- Explore resources from Swipe Out Hunger to see how they're helping meet student needs.
- North Carolina State University created a FAQ on food safety concerns.
- Cornell University added a COVID-19 resource page for food manufacturers.
We’ll continue to post relevant information as it’s available. In the meantime, please reach out if you need anything.
- Higher Ed General Info
- Housing and Res Life
- Free Programs for GET Customers
- Event and Trade Show Status
- Community Forum
- Support Site
- ACUHO-I (Housing)
- EDUCAUSE (IT)
- NACAS (Auxiliary Services)
- NACCU (Campus Cards)
- NACUFS (Foodservice)