Entrust Datacard and CBORD Transform Student ID Issuance
Entrust Datacard and CBORD Announce the Integration of TruCredential with CS Gold Software
TruCredential browser-based identity management software gives university customers enhanced card issuance flexibility and access to the complete Entrust DatacardTM card printer portfolio
MINNEAPOLIS—February 14, 2018—Entrust Datacard, a leading provider of trusted identity and secure transaction technology solutions, and CBORD®, a leading provider of card systems for colleges and universities, together announce the completed CS Gold® integration with TruCredential software — replacing the requirement for IDWorks® software. This integration was successfully tested at the University of Vermont.
CBORD customers will find the new and upgraded TruCredential software easy to install and use. TruCredential software provides migration from IDWorks software and can be used with any existing Entrust Datacard or other branded printers, making it simple to integrate into an existing campus card issuance system.
Mark McKenna, director, CATcard Service Center at the University of Vermont states, “I’ve been an IDWorks software user for over 20 years and found moving to TruCredential software to be an easy transition. Folks who are familiar with IDWorks software will find the process different but intuitive and straight-forward.”
Specific benefits of TruCredential software include:
- Distributed print, allowing users to drive multiple printers from any workstation or connected device. The server-based installation provides educational institutions extreme flexibility in where they collect data and print cards, allowing student enrollment at multiple locations during orientation – eliminating lines and improving the student experience. Additionally, if one printer goes down during a peak season like student orientation, enrollment information can easily be routed to a different printer to eliminate downtime and keep your card program running efficiently.
- Easy-to-use migration tools, enabling simple import of templates from IDWorks into TruCredential for seamless transition of your current program.
- Drag & Drop design tools, making it easy and fun to create new card designs while allowing card resolution of up to 600 dpi for vibrant cards and distinct branding.
- Seamless integration between CS Gold and the Entrust Datacard portfolio of printers including the CR805™ Retransfer Card Printer, part of the Entrust Datacard New Ultimate Identity Platform, as well as all CD, SD and SR Series Printers.
- Simplified One Card implementations through out-of-the-box smart card encoding capabilities for common chip formats.
To learn more about Entrust Datacard TruCredential browser-based identity management software and how it modernizes card issuance capabilities, please visit the Entrust Datacard TruCredential page: www.entrustdatacard.com/products/software/trucredential-suite-software.
To learn more about CBORD CS Gold software, please visit CBORD’s Card Systems webpage: www.cbord.com/systems/card.
About Entrust Datacard Corporation
Consumers, citizens, and employees increasingly expect anywhere-anytime experiences — whether they are making purchases, crossing borders, accessing e-gov services or logging onto corporate networks. Entrust Datacard offers the trusted identity and secure transaction technologies that make those experiences reliable and secure. Solutions range from the physical world of financial cards, passports and ID cards to the digital realm of authentication, certificates, and secure communications. With more than 2,000 Entrust Datacard colleagues around the world and a network of strong global partners, the company serves customers in 150 countries worldwide. For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com.
CBORD powers technology solutions for higher education, healthcare, senior living, and business campuses enabling users to create optimal experiences for their students, patients, employees, and residents. Guided by customer-centric development and support, CBORD has pioneered software for dining operations, nutrition analysis, security, card systems, and housing for over forty years.
CBORD operates as a unit of Roper Technologies, a constituent of the S&P 500®, Fortune 1000®, and Russell 1000® indices. Roper designs and develops software (both software-as-a-service and licensed), and engineered products and solutions for healthcare, transportation, food, energy, water, education, and other niche markets worldwide. For more information, visit www.cbord.com.
Vice President, Marketing & Sales Enablement
The CBORD Group, Inc.
950 Danby Road, Suite 100C
Ithaca, NY, 14850
Entrust Datacard Contact:
Global Communications and Social Media Manager