Colleges and universities across the nation are facing unprecedented circumstances, with most being forced to close campus and transition to remote learning mid-semester. While many students have another home to go to, there are thousands across the country who have nowhere else to go. As a result, university staff must create new procedures and ways to house and feed these students.
CBORD has spent more than 45 years helping higher education institutions create connected campuses. Our dedication is not wavering, and we're here to help in any way possible. Over the coming weeks, we'll collect resources to help you adapt your operations to protect your students, faculty, and staff, while also providing the services many of them need.
Our higher education and healthcare teams are organizing virtual events to better prepare you to adapt and react to the evolving situation involving COVID-19.
- Watch on-demand webinars related to COVID-19 response across the nation.
- Feeding Students Part 1: A look at how universities are shifting food production and processes from eat-in to delivery and takeout.
- Feeding Students Part 2:- Do you have students struggling with food insecurity. See how partnering with Swipe Out Hunger for meal donation programs can help.
- How University Housing is Helping Hospitals: Hear from CBORD team members on ways universities can prep residence halls for use by healthcare organizations.
- Look for upcoming webinars that will cover topics on food and nutrition, housing, campus security, and auxiliary services.
Immediate priorities include moving students off campus who have other accommodations and consolidating housing for students in isolation or who cannot relocate on short notice.
- View our housing resource page to find specific content for housing officers.
In addition to housing, dining programs are shifting operations to meet the needs of students left on or near campus.
- GET CBORD Student customers can take advantage of free mobile ordering and meal delivery programs.
- Visit our campus dining resource page where we’ll add blog posts, links to virtual events, and other pertinent information.
We've received guidance from several of our partners on how to clean and sanitize printers, point of sale hardware, and other equipment to ensure a safe return to campus. It is recommended that you use a 70% alcohol solution on a clean rag. Start with the screen, then casework, and work your way down to the stand. We've been cautioned against using any solution over 70% alcohol, any solution with bleach, or ammonia, as these could etch the touchscreen or discolor the casework.
Links to guidance from our partners include:
- Appetize: Cleaning methods for Elo touchscreens
- Apple: How to clean your Apple products
- Entrust Datacard: Guidelines for disinfecting hardware
- Epic/Aero: How to clean Verifone devices
- Ingenico: Cleaning instructions for payment terminals
Emergency Planning for Customers
Our support and training teams are creating a library of free tutorials to help CBORD healthcare and higher ed customers maximize their software solutions. We currently have videos on FoodserviceSuite, Fusion, and CS Access. To view content, visit our eLearning website and click on the Emergency Planning library under Resources. A CBORD Support login is required to access this content.
Many of the higher education associations we're a part of are creating resource pages and hosting virtual roundtables for members. For details, visit their websites:
We’ll continue to post relevant and timely content as it’s available. In the meantime, and as always, reach out if you need anything.
- Email our higher education sales team with questions or requests.
- Utilize our community forum to share ideas and connect with peers.
- Share additional resources and ideas for blogs and webinars with Sheri Pape, higher education marketing manager.
We're in this together and we will help you succeed.
- Migrating Patient Nutrition to the Cloud
- Pivoting Your Point-of-Sale
- 2020 CBORD Connect
- Cooking Up Creativity in Hospital Food Service
- Reimagine Hospital Food Service
- How to Safely Reopen Your Hospital Retail Operation
- New e-book offers guidance on reopening campus
- Social Distancing in Dining: The New Normal in Healthcare
- Connect Housing to GET for a Healthy Return
- Monitor Activity for a Healthy Return