Higher Education – Supporting You Through COVID-19
Colleges and universities across the nation are facing unprecedented circumstances, with most being forced to close campus and transition to remote learning mid-semester. While many students have another home to go to, there are thousands across the country who have nowhere else to go. As a result, university staff must create new procedures and ways to house and feed these students.
CBORD has spent more than 45 years helping higher education institutions create connected campuses. Our dedication is not wavering, and we're here to help in any way possible. Over the coming weeks, we'll collect resources to help you adapt your operations to protect your students, faculty, and staff, while also providing the services many of them need.
Our higher education and healthcare teams are organizing virtual events to better prepare you to adapt and react to the evolving situation involving COVID-19.
- March 31 @ 4 p.m. ET - Feeding Students During COVID-19: Meal Donation Programs - We'll be joined by Swipe Out Hunger to detail how you can assist food insecure students.
- April 1 @ 2 p.m. ET - How University Housing is Helping Hospitals During COVID-19 - Hear from CBORD team members on ways universities can prep residence halls for use by healthcare organizations.
- Watch on-demand webinars related to COVID-19 response across the nation.
- Feeding Students Part 1 - A look at how universities are shifting food production and processes from eat-in to delivery and takeout.
- Check out upcoming webinars that will cover topics on food and nutrition, housing, campus security, and auxiliary services.
Immediate priorities include moving students off campus who have other accommodations and consolidating housing for students in isolation or who cannot relocate on short notice.
- View our housing resource page to find specific content for housing officers.
In addition to housing, dining programs are shifting operations to meet the needs of students left on or near campus.
- GET CBORD Student customers can take advantage of free mobile ordering and meal delivery programs.
- Visit our campus dining resource page where we’ll add blog posts, links to virtual events, and other pertinent information.
Emergency Planning for Customers
Our support and training teams are creating a library of free tutorials to help CBORD healthcare and higher ed customers maximize their software solutions. We currently have videos on FoodserviceSuite and Fusion, and will post a series of CS Access trainings very soon. To view content, visit our eLearning website and click on the Emergency Planning library under Resources. A CBORD Support login is required to access this content.
Industry Associations & Partners
Many of the higher education associations we're a part of are creating resource pages and hosting virtual roundtables for members. For details, visit their websites:
- ACUHO-I (Housing)
- EDUCAUSE (Information Technology)
- NACAS (Auxiliary Services)
- NACUFS (Foodservice)
- Entrust Datacard - Guidelines for Disinfecting Hardware
We’ll continue to post relevant and timely content as it’s available. In the meantime, and as always, reach out if you need anything.
- Email our higher education sales team with questions or requests.
- Utilize our community forum to share ideas and connect with peers.
- Share additional resources and ideas for blogs and webinars with Sheri Pape, higher education marketing manager.
We're in this together and we will help you succeed.
- Hospitals Talk COVID-19 Emergency Food Service Preparedness Plans
- Feeding Students During COVID-19: Meal Donation Programs
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – March 21, 2020 Update
- Higher Education – Supporting You Through COVID-19
- Top Reasons for Simplifying Menus During Pandemics
- Safely Feeding Patients and Staff During COVID-19
- Healthcare Foodservice Resources for COVID-19
- Top 5 Considerations for Campus Housing
- Campus Foodservice Resources for COVID-19
- Address Housing Needs During COVID-19